Pay-per-click advertising is too expensive.
Too much work to “make it work”.
What is PPC service?
PPC(Pay-Per-Click) marketing is a form of online advertising in which advertisers accrue costs when users click their ads. Advertisers bid on the perceived value of a click in relation to the keywords, platforms and audience type in which it originates.
Example: I am advertiser ,I have a product and I want to sell this product in the market. I want to increase the visibility of this product in the market what I do is I leverage a advertising model called PPC or pay-per-click .I put up an ad on the various search engine particularly in Google or some other platforms. what I do is actually create a campaign and I give the headline, description of my product, I set the budget then I run the campaign. When I run the campaign there are other users who are actually browsing through the search engines or the websites. And My ads appears for them when they click on that ad I pay to Google or some other platform where I have put up the ad. That is precisely what pay-per-click or PPC is all about.
How PPC Works:
- The advertiser puts up an ad on websites ,web portals.
- A cost per click (CPC) is set by the advertiser that he wishes to pay per click. ( every click I will as an advertiser will decide how much I want to pay , I have complete control over it . when I use a particular keyword in the search engine my ad is displaying and I will determine how much I am going to pay further particular keyword. )
- When a user clicks on the ad, the CPC is paid by the advertiser.
- Google’s AdWords is a popular PPC system.
- The entire process happens online through the application . ( Entire process ad running a PPC campaign is completely automated. You actually log in to the in this case of ADWords, You set up a campaign, you give your headline, you give your description, you give the location where you want to put up the ad, you keep the keywords then you set up the campaign and you pay for the campaign that you want to run.)
- Pay-per-click ($) = Advertising cost($) /Ads clicked (#). (This is the fundamental formula on that PPC works . How much is the budget and how many click you are getting in traffic. that you can exactly know how much you are spending for each click and how many customer that you are getting per click.)
Types of PPC Marketing:
- PPC marketing or Campaigns can be Text , Images and Videos.
- The advertiser can put up the ads in different shapes and sizes .
- Google’s AdWords, Double Click are some PPC Ad systems .
- There are 2 parties- advertiser , publisher
- Advertiser puts up the ad, the publisher publishes the ad they come together to promote an ad intended for the end user who clicks the ad and benefits from it.
PPC campaign goals:
PPC is used for all types of campaign goals, including:
- Increasing sales
- Generating leads
- Promoting brands awareness
Platforms for PPC Model:
Main two platform follows the PPC model:
- Google Ads:
- Run on Google, Search Partner sites and Display Network sites .
- Google Ads is the largest pay-per-click platform. Google Ads was launched in October 2000.
- Bing Ads:
- Bing Ads is a pay-per-click platform showing ads on the Bing and Yahoo networks.
- The platform also utilizes Search Partners. Bing Ads is primarily keyword based advertising. As of 2017, Bing Ads has 142 million unique searchers on the Bing Networks.